Thursday, September 15, 2016

Try again...

Over three years ago I was determined to begin blogging. I turned on the computer. I came up with my title. I announced my vision to my family and as the grand ideas and gracious words began to overflow out of my mind and through my fingertips to the computer screen, the baby began to cry and I stopped to go change his diaper. Apparently it has taken me a long time to complete this diaper change because I have just now clicked on "new post."
There are many reasons why I haven't followed through with my vision for a blog. I feel very inadequate in a world dominated by professional bloggers. I am a busy wife and mother of three children. I have struggled with the question, "Why do I want to blog?" and "What do I have to say that hasn't already been said or blogged and liked a trillion times?" However, today I am stepping out of my comfort zone. Despite my reservations and fears, I am beginning a task that I am unsure how it will progress.  My goals and aspirations are simple. As God teaches me and speaks to me through scripture and everyday life, I want to be able encourage my dear friends, family and community. There are a few of my dearest that I know will appreciate my unique, at times nonsensical thoughts. There is also a group of women that have been brave enough to journey through scripture with me on Wednesday mornings and Wednesday evenings. Here we can continue our conversation on Genesis. Also, I am hoping my students at Guido Bible College will be reminded that academic and intellectual knowledge of the Bible will only get you so far. It must be lived and breathed into every facet of life.  So, here we go....forgive my grammar, my spelling, my long absences and my failures and look at life with me through the lens of scripture. Look with me at how God is at work in our world and our individual lives.
I do not have babies with dirty diapers at my feet now, hopefully I will be back.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you are blogging. I'm a big fan of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you are blogging. I'm a big fan of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love you friend. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete